Re: GtkComboBox can't be reset

Diego Zuccato wrote:
> I Noticed an anti-intuitive thing.
> Once I've selected a value in a combo box, I can't "reset" it (from an
> user's POV). Is there a reason not to handle an "esc" press on it to
> call ...set_active(this, -1) ? I know I can do it myself in my programs,
> but IMVHO it should be done by the library.

Why would you want to "reset" a combo box from the user interface? Even
if one ignores the fact that such a change would (possibly) break quite
a lot of applications, it doesn't seem to be very useful at all. If an
application offers a "reset"-state to the user, it'll usually include a
"None"/"Disabled" item in the combobox' model.

> BYtE,
>  Diego.

Benedikt