Re: implementing custom GtkTreeModels for language bindings

Owen Taylor schreef:

On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 16:12 +0000, Duncan Coutts wrote:
All,

Language bindings want to be able to implement the GtkTreeModel
interface. Unfortunately this is rather hard without causing a space
leak.

The issue is that to implement a the GtkTreeModel interface you must
fill in GtkTreeIter structures. These are typically stack allocated and
do not need to be explicitly freed. As a consequence it is not possible
to track resources that are referenced by GtkTreeIters.

I had no problems at all implementing a GtkTreeModel for mzgtk2 (which implements a
list that gets its data via function callbacks). If you want to have the
sources of the model, I can send you them.

--
Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema