Porting usage of depricated interfaces to new ones

Hello,

            Let me first give some context: As part of LSB inclusion of GTK libraries, we are trying to port some of the OSS applications to the LSB specific GTK interfaces. This basically means removing usage many of the deprecated interfaces and such. The interfaces like gtk_combo* gtk_item_factory* gtk_option_menu* etc. are quite commonly used in applications.

I am wondering if there are examples (code snippets, apps ported etc.) available that show how to remove usage of these deprecated interfaces and use the new ones? We could reuse those instead of redoing the effort.

Thanks and appreciate any help/pointers.

-Rajesh