draging two windows

I have two top level windows and I want them to maintain the same
spatial relationship.

How can I (can I?) use the begin_drag_move() method to sync up the
movement of the two windows?

One top level window is a data member of the other (using gtkmm)
pane_ is the data member

This is what I tried as a first attempt.
. . .

begin_move_drag((event->button,
		(event->x_root),
  		(event->y_root),
		event->time);
get_position(x,y);
pane_.move(x,y+pane_offset_y_);

The result is the x,y get set only once when the drag starts and you
drag the first window around and pane_ snaps to it when you start a
second drag.

Anyone do this before?  Is there a signal or event I can use to move
pane_ in sync?

Thanks,

Andrew Shafer
Application Developer