SIGNAL REDIRECTION

Hi everybody,

I work on the developpement of a special text editor. I use a gtk_text_new ( text area ) in this goal. When an operation is performed on the text ( insertion of a character, supprssion ... ) I would like to performed a particular treatment on a particular data structure. So I captured the signal "key_press_event" ( for example ) to do my particular treatment but I want to redirect the signal towards the original routine after my treatment. In fact, when I capured the signal, my treatment is performed but the insertion of the character is not performed in the text area.

How can I redirect the signal towards the original function ???

Thanks in advance