Re: GtkProgressBar

> hi
>
> I was wanting to add a progress bar to a function, but
> the problem is that progress bar is only shown after
> the function is over even though the first thing i do
> in the function is to show the progress bar.
>
> So maybe i should give a delay after showing. Is there
> any function which causes a delay, or if someone could
> suggest some other idea.

Please search the mail-arhive before asking. This is the most frequently
asked thing I believe.

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-General.html#gtk-events-pending

        while (gtk_events_pending ())
	  gtk_main_iteration ();

That will update the display (events are not handled unless control is
returned to gtk_main, or gtk_main_iteration() is performed as above.

Stian Skjelstad