Re: Report generator

Francisco Santiago Capel Torres wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am porting my report generator done in Qt to GTK.
>Before going on, could you tell me what other report generators are already
>done or being done for GTK under the GPL?

None.
At least none that I know of, and I've looked high and low.
I just released PDF::ReportWriter, which is available on my website:
http://entropy.homelinux.org ... which is unfortunately down at the
moment ( botched mod_php upgrade ), and also via cpan. I basically wrote
it because of a burning need for a report generator that could output to
PDF and handle page breaks in an intelligent way. There are *very* few
other report generators around, and I only know of 2 with a GUI, and
they're both QT. There's Rekall ( which I could never get 'into' ), and
there's a part of the KOffice project - which I think has stalled.

I'd very much like to see a decent report generator with a GUI -
especially with a GTK GUI. Port away :)

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer