how to get rid of mouse-over button color?

Hi.

I'm working with a touch screen, which I'm learning makes mouse-over
types of events sort of meaningless.  Yet, they still occur.

I have a page full of toggle buttons and it can be difficult to
determine when one is down.  The easiest way to tell is by looking at
the button's color.  The problem is, if I push a button with the touch
screen the mouse doesn't move out of the button when I move my pointer
(finger) away from the button.  The result is, the color doesn't change
and it's hard to if my intended action succeeded.

I want the mouse-over color to go away so that I just have a "normal"
and an "active" color for the buttons.  Is there an easy way to do this?
I'm thinking about programmatically moving the mouse pointer to some
neutral location after each toggle button selection.  (don't know how to
do that (yet).)  Is there another way?

Thanks,

- Ben