Re: Why floating point for widget positions

Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
Mike Emmel wrote:

I've noticed that the GdkEventMotion x y positions are given in
floating point coordinates and was wondering why ?

I'd assume that this is just because xlib delivers the value
as `double'.
Nope, they're defined as integers by Xlib interface (at least for X11R6.4). I don't know the why GDK uses floating point there, but I'll not be surprised if it smth ~= "historical reasons".
Maybe this question is for gtk-devel list ?

I've looking at GTK for embedded use and this is and issue.

How is floating point coordinates a problem ?
That becomes a problem when 450MIPS CPU can provide <= 2MFLOPS.

Some time ago I was thinking about to run GTK2 on embedded device (without FPU also). Project was freezed at the point when I started to look for alternative toolkit.

	Olexiy