Re: GTK Script?

Well, I for one would welcome something equivalent to DtKsh.
Perl is *not* an equivalent or better "substitute" for Ksh or Bash.
So, in response to you question, yes, it would be nice to have a
GTK+ based "DtKsh". Problem is finding the time to do it or
convencing someone else to take up the cause. One feature
of ksh that would be of great use towards your goal would be
the support that ksh provides for linking to shared objects.
You could create a shared library with hooks to Gtk+. There
may be better ways to go about it but that might be a start. Also,
Jeffery Korn (David's Son), did an implementation of ksh with
support for Tk, called Tksh. It was a very interesting idea but
I think I don't think he has done any recent work on it. You
might query him about it to see what it would take to bring it
up to date with the latest releases of Tk.

Kent