Re: Gtk will not configure

Hi,

Erik Saline <esaline pen-tec com> writes:

> I type sudo ./configure PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/X11R6/bin --without-libjpeg

Why would you run configure as root? Stop doing that!

Perhaps we should add 'rm -rf /' to the configure script to teach
people not to do such stupid things. The only part of the compilation
process that needs priviledged permissions is when you run 'make
install'.

Next, please read the pkg-config manpage. Your settings for
PKG_CONFIG_PATH don't make any sense. I doubt that you have .pc files
in /usr/X11R6/bin.

> And here are the errors.
>
> checking for freetype-config... /usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config
> checking For sufficiently new FreeType (at least 2.0.1)... no
> configure: error: Xft Pango backend is required for x11 target
>
> I have installed freetype.  Where does GTK look for the
> 'sufficiently new FreeType'.

Well, read the error message. GTK+ tells you where it found
freetype-config. If you need more details, check config.log.

Sven