Re: Tree Store for layers

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 14:43 +0100, David Conley (FRD) wrote:
> I'm hoping to use a tree store/view to create a layer typer system where
> the higher up the tree an object is, the closer to the front of the screen
> an object would be. Imagine the layers in Photoshop or GIMP for an idea
> what I mean. Is there any way I can get that kind of information from the
> widget? I'm using C++ if it makes any difference to the answer.
> So to recap I'd like to get a value that says:

GTK has no concept of 2 widgets existing in the same location, and hence
no real notion of layering. There are specific widgets, such as the
canvas, that do support layering, but you could not get the layer
information from widgets that are layered, only from the canvas items
that "hold" them.

how much this might change or have changed in relation to cairo support,
i don't know.

--p