Re: Beginner difficulty with first tutorial program

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 08:50:22 CDT, Jonathan Hayward said:
> I've installed 2.4.9 under FC4, and when something else didn't work, tried
> to compile and run the tutorial's sample program. I created test.c:

Was there a reason you didn't use the 2.6.7 that shipped with FC4?

How *exactly* did you install 2.4.9? Could it have conflicted/overlaid the
2.6.7 the system came with?

(I suspect the "something else didn't work" is related to sticking 2.4.9
onto the system incorrectly, and things head downhill from there...)