Beginner question: List of calls

I'm working on the project mentioned, and I wanted to ask how to:

1: Get window height and width.

2: Display a character, x pixels over and y pixels down from a window's upper left-hand corner.

3: Display an image (png), x pixels over and y pixels down from a window's upper left-hand corner.

4: Build a menu.

5: Register a signal handler for when a menu item is selected.

6: Register a signal handler for when the user enters a character.

--
++ Jonathan Hayward, jonathan hayward pobox com
** To see an award-winning website with stories, essays, artwork,

** If you'd like a Google Mail (gmail.com) account, please tell me!