Re: Pango compilation error

From: "David Necas (Yeti)" <yeti physics muni cz>
To: alok nagdev <aloknag hotmail com>
CC: gtk-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Pango compilation error
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 12:13:51 +0200

Just get rid of the old version and replace it with the new
one (I can't tell you what's the right way of doing this on
Slackware).  Generally, you don't want two different
libraries with the same soname installed.

Yeti

Dave...thanks much for your suggestions, I was finally able to compile pango :). Basically I had to change the libpangoxft-1.0.la for dependency variables to look into right directories and then change the soft links to the .so files to point to the newer version instead of the old one.

Alok

Top-of-the-line jobs!. http://creative.mediaturf.net/creatives/timesjobs/hotmail_TOL.htm Log on to www.timesjobs.com and apply TODAY!