On key pulsation

It's a bit difficult for me to explain my problem: I'm just a begginer.. but let's me to try.

Giving the example program 5.5 from the Gtk+ Tutorial (http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/sec-tablepackingexamples.html), I'd like to know if it's possible emit a click event also on ?button 1? when the key '1' on keyboard is pulsed. Or on ?button 2? when the key '2' from keyboard is pulsed...

I think that the answer sounds like gtk_widget_add_accelerator(), but I don't understand the using of this function at all.

All help would be apreciated.

David