Re: DnD: move as default action

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 10:57 +0200, Jens Luedicke wrote:
> Hi...
> I mainly work with Gtk2-Perl, but I ask my question anyway:
> I would like to setup DnD (treeview) so that 'move' becomes the
> default action instead of 'copy'? Pressing Shift would change to the
> secondary
> action then.

The default action is a function of the target, not the source...
the source specifies the possible targets.

To influence the selected action, omit GTK_DEST_DEFAULT_MOTION
and pass the selected action to gdk_drag_status() in response
to ::drag-motion (it must be one of the possible actions that
the source specifies.)