printer in Gtk

Hi all!

I'm about to decide between Qt or Gtk for my new project. One
important issue is printing. With Qt you can paint something
with a painter:

For exammple the function:

  void MyWidget::draw(QPainter *p) {
         p->begin(this);
         p->drawArc(4, 4, 100, 100, 0, 16*360);
         p->end();
  }

paints a circle on widget surface if you call it such a way:

   QPainter *p = new QPainter(this);
   draw(p);

If you want to print the widget content you call it such a way:

   QPrinter *pr = new QPrinter();
   pr->setup(this);
   QPainter *p = new QPainter(pr);
   draw(p);

This way a real WhatYouSeeIsWhatYouGet - editor is possible. I'd decide
for Gtk if there were a similar way. But I didn't find any pointer
neither in documentation nor in the tutorials nor in FAQs.

Any suggestions ?

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (ja informatik tu-chemnitz de)