gtk progress bar question

Hi there,

I want to use a progress-bar bar with telling him the currently completed
percentage in a for-loop. But I don't get to see the filling-process. When I
see the progress-bar for the first time, the for-loop is finished and I get
to see a full, 100% bar. There is no movement in the bar.

Here's the code:

progress_bar =  gtk_progress_bar_new();
gtk_progress_set_show_text(GTK_PROGRESS (progress_bar), TRUE);

for(j=0; j<=1.0; j=j+0.0001){
    	gtk_progress_set_percentage(GTK_PROGRESS(progress_bar), j);
}

I have tried to place the gtk_widget_show(progress_bar) in the for-loop but
that didn't help.

regards,
Garvin

1 GB Mailbox bereits in GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail