GTK+ 2.6.2 & Solaris 9

Hi,

Because this question is not seemingly easily answered via internet
queries, could someone please be so kind as to tell me whether they have
or have seen an installed and working version (from source) of GTK+ 2.6.2
or higher on a Solaris9 box?  (I have tried this myself, expending great
effort and without much success since I am not any kind of Solaris
administrator.)

At this point I just need to know how I should advise my client that
Solaris9 is sufficient (or not) in all ways to support a GTK+ 2.6.2
installation and compiling of applications.

thanks in advance,

richard boaz