Menu bar doesn't use Theme

Hi,

I wanted to program a little cd-burning application with most of the functionality like k3b because I'm missing such an application in gnome.
As I'm a beginner in gtk programming I wonder why all other gtk+ applications show me my theme as menu background and my application not.
You can see this by watching the icluded images.
Image of an application where menu's are working with themesImage of my application where things don't work with menu's

What do I have to do to make this working?

begin:vcard
fn:Wolfgang Meyerle
n:Meyerle;Wolfgang
adr;quoted-printable:;;Arcostra=C3=9Fe 5;Neuburg an der Donau;Bayern;86633;Deutschland
email;internet:procrash neusob de
tel;home:08431 640580
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1