Troubleshooting segfault

I've been developing an application, and now it crashes shortly after starting; it segfaults (secondary damage?) either on the first attempt to strncpy() from a text input, or gtk_image_new_from_pixbuf(). Both of these were working reliably, and I haven't touched that area of code (but double checked just in case).

How should I go about troubleshooting a segfault early on in execution? What kind of problems should I be looking for?The code is at http://haywardfamily.org/jonathan/gtk_tms.tgz .

--
++ Jonathan Hayward, jonathan hayward pobox com
** To see an award-winning website with stories, essays, artwork,

** If you'd like a Google Mail (gmail.com) account, please tell me!