Compiling Gtk+-2.6.8 for Solaris8

Hello,
because there are no binary packages for Solaris, I try to compile Gtk+ mysel, but I get the following error during configuring:

>./configure
[...]
checking pixbuf loaders to build...
checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... yes
checking return type of signal handlers... (cached) void
checking for x86 platform... no
checking for freetype-config... /usr/local/bin/freetype-config
checking For sufficiently new FreeType (at least 2.0.1)... yes
checking for X... libraries /usr/openwin/lib, headers /usr/openwin/include
checking whether -R must be followed by a space... no
checking for gethostbyname... no
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... yes
checking for connect... no
checking for connect in -lsocket... yes
checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for XOpenDisplay in -lX11... no
configure: error: *** libX11 not found. Check 'config.log' for more details.

"config.log" says:
[...]
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| /* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
| #ifdef __cplusplus
| extern "C"
| #endif
| /* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
|    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
| char XOpenDisplay ();
| int
| main ()
| {
| XOpenDisplay ();
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:29252: result: no
configure:29257: error: *** libX11 not found. Check 'config.log' for more details.
[...]

The Compiler is gcc-3.4.2

The libX11 is installed in the right dirctory, it is version 4 (libX11.so.4). Which X11 version does Gtk+-2 depend on?

I tried the configure-script with several options, but there was no other result. I tried also Gtk+-2.4.1, but there is the same problem.

Has anybody an idea whats going wrong?
Thanks, for every answer,

Klas Hatje (Germany)