RE: [gtk+-2.6.7] configure problem

KC wrote:
> To see what's your default shell, just look at the /etc/passwd file.

The first line in this file is (I log in as root in installing softwares):
root:*:0:0:Charlie &:/root:/bin/csh

So it seems like C shell.

Another proof is that in the path /root (where I log into), there is a file ".cshrc", in the beginning, there are:
# $FreeBSD: src/etc/root/dot.cshrc,v 1.29 2004/04/01 19:28:00 krion Exp $
#
# .cshrc - csh resource script, read at beginning of execution by each shell
#
# see also csh(1), environ(7).

This servers as a positive double-check.

> I don't know any command which can report your login shell for you,
> but you can easily write one yourself by C language, just call
> getusershell() as following:
>

> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <stdlib.h>
> #include <unistd.h>
>
> int main (int argc, char *argv[])
> {
>         printf("%s\n", getusershell());
>         exit(0);
> }

But this test output "/bin/sh". If it is C shell, it should output "/bin/csh", right? What shell is this?

Thanks,

Regards,
Xu Qiang