Re: Pango 1.8.1 compilation problem - Answer

Well, here I am, answering my own question. The problem is the same as that I encountered in July of last year. The libpangoxft-1.0.la has to be edited to remove references to old libraries in the dependency_libs variable.

It is high time that libtool be modified to include ${prefix} in the proper places to avoid my posting the same error message every time a new Pango comes out because I forgot :-)
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab            All political parties die at last of
New Mexico State University       swallowing their own lies.
Box 30001, MSC 3CRL                  -- John Arbuthnot (1667-1735)
Las Cruces, NM  88003