Re: [Fontconfig] debugging no fonts problem

Dan McMahill wrote:
argh. I looked and I was using pango-1.6.0 and gtkma-2.4.14 on the NetBSD/alpha box. When I update pango and gtk to 1.8.1 and 2.6.4
to match the versions on the solaris box, I have the same display
problems.  So it seems that gtk-2.6 and pango-1.8 just don't
like displaying on this solaris box.

Does this force the use of true type fonts or something which isn't
supported by the solaris font server?

The Solaris font server has supported TrueType fonts since Solaris 2.6,
but that doesn't matter, because the font server is only used for core
X protocol fonts, not fontcoonfig/Xft.

You may have a Xsun version with a buggy Render extension - try commenting out the section in /usr/openwin/server/etc/OWconfig that
loads the Render extension and restart your X server to see if that
helps.

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan coopersmith sun com