listBoxes - clickable elements / lines - ueber newb question

I want to create a box that will scroll lines of text, each line will
be clickable and lead to a specific event.  I want it to work pretty
much exactly exactly like the channel list in mIRC: you get a list of
channels, double click one, you join it.
I saw, in glade, a listbox widget, but the listbox is "deprecated" and
I cannot find any documentation on how to use it for mono::gtk / gtk#.

Thanks in advance.