Re: chmod 777 to all files

 --- "Patel, Nilesh M"
<Nilesh M Patel questdiagnostics com> wrote:

> Is there a way where I can give chmod 777 permission
> to all files in a given folder so I do not have to
> type chmod 777 filename for each file. I have about
> 100 plus files in a given folder that needs chmod
> 777 permission. Is there a better way? If not there
> goes my weekend.

777 is dangerous. You don't really want to do that
unless you are very sure everything is secure, because
777 will give ANYONE access to those files.

But,if you want to chmod an entire directory, you can
do something like:
%chmod 770 -R aDirectory/

or
%chmod 770 *

or
%man chmod

remember, man (as in manual, not male :))is your best
friend.

Chris