Re: simple question

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:15:02 -0400, Patel, Nilesh M
[...]
> I know this maybe a stupid question, but when I do this:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/gtk
>
> shouldn't my package (pkgconfig) be installed in the /opt/gtk directory. after I run
> that command I go to the /opt/gtk directory but see nothing there. is this correct?
> or should i see somethign there?

    The `configure' script will only configure things localy in the
package directory,
once your package has been built and installed it should be installed under
the directory specified in prefix (i.e.,  libs will go to /opt/gtk/lib
and binaries will
go to /opt/gtk/bin etc...).

Cheers,
                                                          -Tristan