troubles compiling on solaris 2.6

I have some troubles compiling gtk 2.4 (2.4.9) on solaris 2,6 on sparc.

I was able to compile and install most packages (glib, pango, atk,
, Xft, fontconfig, pango) the trouble child is gtk itself (I had other
problems, the problem is that you really need those X extensions or it
won't compile)#

I still see in the configure this.

checking for XRRUpdateConfiguration in -lXrandr... no
checking for xcursor... sh: gnome-config: not found
sh: gnome-config: not found
Package xcursor was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xcursor.pc'
No package 'xcursor' found
checking sys/ipc.h usability... yes

but configure ends. On make:

gcc -g -O2 -Wall -o .libs/gdk-pixbuf-csource gdk-pixbuf-csource.o
-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib ./.libs/
/usr/local/lib/ -L/usr/openwin/lib -ldl
/usr/local/lib/ /usr/local/lib/
/usr/local/lib/ -lm -R/usr/local/lib -R/usr/lib
ngettext                            ./.libs/
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [gdk-pixbuf-csource] Error 1

This is a linker error... I hage GNU gettext installed though (and glib
was build with that).