Re: Difference between wxwindows and GTK

Answering your questions,
> Hi ,
>
> I just wants to know the difference between WXwindows and GTK ?
> Which  is better for use ?

The wxWindows was created emphasizing the cross-platform development and
is a C++ binding toolkit.
So it isn´t shipped in any platform (like GTK is with GNOME or QT is with
KDE) and uses the natives widgets.
I think it could be easier for newbies or better for bigger applications
that will be used in many platforms... but I think it´s "heavier" cause
those features!
Another thing to say is there is more GTK developers and gtk applications
developers than in wxWindows... so you have more support using GTK!

> what is
> GTK+?
GTK and GTK+ are the same...

> and what is meant by native and wrapper toolkit?

GTK is a native toolkit, cause it drows its own widgets...
wxWindows is a wrapper toolkit cause it uses the native widgets.

André Pedralho
Nokia Institute of Technology - AM - Brazil
Amazonas Federal University - AM - Brazil