Re: The correct way to implement a large scrolled canvas

On Tuesday 19 October 2004 20:51, Owen Taylor wrote:

> There is no memory cost proportional to the size of the drawing area.
> (That's why you need to repaint your drawing area in the expose
> handler...)

But surely for even a moderately complicated "drawing area", you would
need to create and maintain a backing pixmap to speed up the exposures.

I was assuming such a backing pixmap in my original question.  Hence my
concern about creating a big drawing are and the resultant memory usage.

--
David J. Singer
doc deadvirgins org uk