Re: [Fwd: Custom Toolbar]

John Finlay wrote:

I found that gtk_action_create_tool_item() doesn't set action properties ( tooltip, accelerator ) for that ToolItem automatically. Is there a mechanism that allows to create "full feature" GtkToolItem from GtkAction, except for UImanager?

My experience is that the accelerator for an Action is set up using:

gtk_action_set_accel_group()
gtk_action_group_add_action_with_accel()
gtk_action_connect_accelerator()

assuming that the Action uses a Stock Item with an accelerator.

Also the tooltip for an Action has to be set after the associated ToolItem is added to the Toolbar. You can get and set the "tooltip" property on the Action.

I see.
Just wonder if there was a simple way to add toolitem to toolbar using Action object, and get all (tooltip, accelkey) set on it automatically. But there is nothing wrong that I have to do it manually, and I see why (we need to determine GtkAccelGroup and GtkTooltips associated with our widgets).

thanks,
-andrew