Re: Printing in GTK+

Carl B. Constantine wrote:

* Roger Leigh (rleigh whinlatter ukfsn org) wrote:
"Carl B. Constantine" <duckwing duckwing ca> writes:

I have some data I want to print out in my application. How do I do it?
To make things a little different, I *might* print to one of those POS
type printers (USB) not a regular printer.

Pointers? Which classes do I need to use?
GTK+ itself doesn't currently offer any printing support, so the
question doesn't really involve GTK+ directly.  You need to either

1) Open the printer device (e.g. /dev/usb/lp0) and write data to it.
2) Open a pipe to the printer spooler (e.g. lpr -P queuename)
  and then write the job data and close the connection.

Thanks for clearing this up.
Why, you could use gnomeprint and gnomeprintui. There are a lot of formatting abilities.
   Igor Gorbounov