Re: Changing theme in GTK for Windows

Frank Huang ha scritto lo scorso 11/10/2004 3.00:

Hello,

    I am using GTK+ for Windows (packaged by Jernej Simoncic at
http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/gimp/), and I was wondering how to
install and change themes in the Windows environment. I'm also
wondering how I would install a theme engine in the Windows version.

    Thanks in advance!

If you used a package for gtk+ installation, you should have all run-times in the "Common files" directory:

+Common files
|-+GTK
  |--bin
  |--etc
  |-+lib
  | |-+gtk-2.0
  | | |-+2.4.0
  | |   |--engines
  | |   |--immodules
  | |   |--loaders
  | |--locale
  | |--pango
  |-+share
    |-+themes
      |-... (theme directories)

under the 'engines' directory you should put all theme engines (you can compile them by yourself or find compiled dlls around the web); in the 'themes' directory you will put all theme resources.

Once you have loaded all this stuff on your system, you can select which theme you want gtk will use simply by creating the file '.gtkrc-2.0' in your local directory (that is 'Documents and settings\username') containing the following line:

include "path_to_common_files/GTK/2.0/share/themes/your_preferred_theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"

HTH
Carlo