Re: memory allocation error

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 01:36:38PM -0700, Jack Neighbors wrote:
> When trying to run a program that requires Glib I get this error
>
> Glib-ERROR **:gmem.c:173: failed to allocate 271712256 bytes
>
> The program is compiled and runs fine with KNOPPIX

This is a pretty common problem when you have an mixture of libraries
installed. If I understand you correctly you compiled the program on
one machine and are now trying to run it on a different machine that
probably had different version of the libraries installed that this
program depends upon.

You have two options;

1) Make sure that the machine you are running on have the same
   versions installed of the libraries that this program is using (not
   only glib).

2) Recompile the program on the machine where you'd like to run it so
   that it links with the libraries available on that machine.

HTH

--
Daniel Nilsson