Re: gtk+-2.4.10 and Pango 1.2.0/1.4.0

Hi,

watsonjimwatson netscape net (James M. Watson) writes:

> But how do you gt Pango to build with the Xft backend?
> Any hints about what Pango is looking for?
>
> I have been looking at Pango configure scripts and don't see its
> test for the Xft backend.

I wonder what you looked at then. This is from configure.in:

  #
  # Checks for Xft/XRender
  #
  if $have_x && $have_freetype ; then
    PKG_CHECK_MODULES(XFT, xft >= 2.0.0, have_xft=true, :)
  fi

As you can see, PangoXft is being built if X and FreeType are
available and pkg-config is able to locate the Xft library. You will
also need to have fontconfig installed for the following check to
succeed:

PKG_CHECK_MODULES(FONTCONFIG,
                  fontconfig >= 1.0.1, have_fontconfig=true, :)

Sven