Re: GTK+ Qt widget stack: how?

Neil Zanella wrote:
Hello,

I am migrating from Qt to GTK+ and from Qt designer to Glade.
Hence, I would like to know the following as I cannot seem to
find the answers in the GTK+ documentation:

1. Qt Designer has the following widet, called a widget stack:

   $ designer
     -> Window -> View -> Object Explorer
     -> Containers -> Widget Stack

   which comes from the Qt class QWidgetStack. This basically allows
   you to superimpose widgets in a container, with only one of them
   being visible at a time. Then a selection such as the one from a
   combo box emits a signal and the desisred widget from the widget
   stack is plaed on the top of the stack with the other ones
   becoming invisible as this takes place.

   Does GTK offer a similar widget? How about GNOME? I think
   there should be such a widget somewhere. How do I use it
   from within glade?

Use a GtkNotebook with the tabs and border hidden like this:

   gtk_notebook_set_show_tabs   (notebook, FALSE);
   gtk_notebook_set_show_border (notebook, FALSE);

Use gtk_notebook_set_current_page in a callback attached to your combo box to select the correct page.

2. Glade 2.5.0 is telling me that the GTK+ Column Table (ctable)
   widget is deprecated. However it seems to me that the new API
   does not show it as being deprecated. What gives?

   What else am I supposed to use if it relly is deprecated. Cause
   I really do need a widget with columns that looks like a table,
   and it seems to me that the glade "List or Tree View" isn't quite
   capable of achieving the same effect (at least, in glade, it doesn't
   seem to let me specify how many columns I want, which is not good).

   So is ctable deprecated or not, and if it is, what am I supposed
   to do about it? I'm using GTK 2.4.7

If you mean GtkCList, it's been replaced by GtkTreeView and GtkListStore.

--
Tim Evans
Applied Research Associates NZ