Re: GTK Modal dialog

John, I've tried compiling your program on both Win32 and Linux.
It seems to work OK, thanks.

One thing that keeps bothering me is that I can still go to the parent window and minimize it even if the child dialog is open in a modal way. Can you reproduce same thing ?

If this is the case, it seems to me that it must be incorrect behaviour, since the system widgets (minimize button) in the parent title bar do not obey modal state.

Thanks for the help,
 Miroslav Rajcic

John Cupitt wrote:

This test program woks for me on windows and linux with gtk+-2.4.9.
But maybe I misunderstand your problem?

- the dialog does not appear on the taskbar
- when the dialog is open the main window button does not work (so you
can never have more than one dialog)
- the dialog is always above the main window