Re: GTK_ENTRY text retrieval

If you build a simple interface with glade and then look at the generated code and look at it, you will find the generated code is basically saving the widget pointers as object data.  I thought that was a neat idea, and adopted it in my own code.  Then all I have to do is pass the main parent widget around and lookup the widgets from there as needed.

You might want to generate some code from glade and take a look...