Re: How to determine the type of a widget?

> > What I want to achieve is to collect some IDs (or something similar)
> > when I create the internal classes. At this point, I have not created
> > any instances. So I think I cant use G_TYPE_FROM_INSTANCE.
>
> Still, the answer is in GObject. Types can be referred to by name and
> you can instantiate objects from type. Please have a look at the
> GObject API reference, in particular the docs about the type system.
> You may also want to read the excellent GObject tutorial written by
> Mathieu Lacage.

After reading the tutorial (again, counting 3), still, the question is
the same. Never mind. I dont think it's possible.
I think we are thinking in different worlds.

Here is the basic: no GTK object defines a public FooClass struct
or anything I can use as a pointer reference. Fiddling into the
internals via GObject is the last thing I want to do. I can appreciate
how GObject does its internals but without a pre-initialization hint,
it makes things, in my world, impossible.

I guess I will have to do the same as ruby_gtk. More maintenance
work but safe.

Thanks anyway,
marc