GtkCList and scrollbar configuration

Hello,

I would like to know whether it is possible to configure GtkCList (or
the replacement widget)
so as to have the vertical scrollbar displayed on the left instead of
on the right, or,
optionally, have scrollbars on both sides. This would be useful for
really wide tables
where the user has to use the horizontal scrollbar to see the left
hand side of the
list or the right hand side of the list. Well, I know scrollbars are
not part of GtkCList
itself, but what I am asking is whether I can have scrollbars on both
or either side,
and I used GtkCList as an example of where this could be useful.

Thanks,

Neil