Transparent event snooper

Hi,

I've tried to make my GtkComboBoxEntry() work as I wanted, but without success.

Therefor I would like to make a 'transparent event snooper', so that I can see what is going on without interfearing with the widgets below.

I've tried to make a GtkEventBox() to which I add the GtkComboBoxEntry()
To be able to see all events before the child I've also set gtk_event_box_set_above_child(eventbox, TRUE)

Now I expect that I can receive all relevant events by the use of
g_signal_connect(eventbox, "event", callback_func ...)

In the callback function I print the events using event->type
And the callback function always returns true

Now my problem is that this eventbox doesn't act as I expected - or more correct - the arrow-button in the GtkComboBoxEntry disappears.

Why do this happen?
It seems like the GtkComboBoxEntry doesn't receive some events??
But I thought I made my snooping transparent...

And how do I make a 'transparent event snooper' ?

Best regards
Egon Andersen