Re: What's the purpose of GtkArg?

--- "David Necas (Yeti)" <yeti physics muni cz> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 08:32:24PM -0800,
> pz8w yahoo com wrote:
> > I'm a beginner in GTK+ and Linux programming.
> > I'm reading the GGAD (GTK+/Gnome Application
> > Development) book now, but I can not understand
> the
> > section about GtkArg. What's GtkArg for?
> > I mean what's the purpose of GtkArg struct? When
> we
> > should/can use it?
>
> You should never use it, it's cruft kept for
> compatibility
> reasons.
>
> Yeti
>

> --
> Dynamic IP address is not a crime.

I know it is deprecated and we should not use it in
newly written code, but in that
book (GGAD) there are topics that depend on GtkArg.
I mean, for example, in "Signal Registeration"
section, there are examples of marshallers
that use GtkArg as their argument. If I don't
understand GtkArg, I can not understand
that section too. I also know many methods of signal
registeration that explained in that
book are deprecated and should not be used in newly
written code, but I don't find a
book about GTK+ 2.x and I decide to read that book,
maybe it give me a general survey
about GTK+ programming.

Thanks for your reply,