Re: running real time application behind glade

hi, thanks for replying

  I was referring to both actually.

  For instance, when I start my glade program, a real-time counter begins in the background, so that it'll be displayed in my glade program, counting in 1 second interval.
  Then when I want to execute something in hard real-time, a signal is sent to the real-time to execute immediately.
  I've tried experimenting with rtlinux-3.2-pre2, but I can only do it in linux platform, and I'm trying to code it in main.c in my glade program...

  do you know how I can for instance,

  insert an entry box in my glade window,
  then see a real-time counter, see a number in that box that increases from 0 onwards in 1 second interval, after executing the glade program?

  i've heard of clock.h, but I don't have any clues to go about doing it.

  thanks again.

regards,
aaron

Valdis Kletnieks vt edu wrote:
On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 01:30:36 PST, Aaron Yang said:
> does anyone know how do I go about running a real
> time application after I executed a glade program?

Do you mean "real time" as in "the program is running at the same time as your
Glade program, and they interact back and forth", or do you mean the usual
computer-science meaning of the phrase "real time" as in "this program has
specific critical timing constraints" (such as if it doesn't respond to an
interrupt in 50 milliseconds, the chemical plant blows up)

Doing *real* "real-time" programming in the Linux kernel isn't as easy as it
looks, as there's lots of latency-inducing locks inside the kernel and the
like. Ingo Molnar has been doing some work in this area, but there's still
quite a ways to go before it's a hardened real-time operating system.

> ATTACH MENT part 2 application/pgp-signature

Do you Yahoo!?