Tooltips on a drawing area.... Possible?

Adding tooltips to buttons and other widgets is easy with gtk_tooltips_set_tip(),
I can do that, no problem!

However, can I add tooltips to specific "areas" of a drawing area (say for
example to provide info about some custom drawn button or control)...

I guess what I'd like to be able to do is say, "here's the text, place a tooltip
at this x,y location"  and then have it time out as normal...

Of course, I could write my own tooltips code, but I was hoping to avoid that :-)

--
David J. Singer
doc deadvirgins org uk