Problem running gimp 2.0.1-gtk problem-.

I compiled/installed
glib2-2.2.3,pango-1.2.5,atk-1.4.1,
gtk+-2.2.3 (did ./configure,make,make install without
any problem.Compiled gimp-2.0.1 and the only thing
that
drew my attention (without problem for the
installation)
was: during make install:

libtool:link:warning: libgobject-2.0.la seems to be
moved

NOTE:This file was in the right place but had 844
bytes.
All .pc files were in (/usr/lib/pkgconfig/
correct...).
I have a SuSELinuxPPC7.0,32Mb
RAM,130Mbswap,XFree86-4.0.1,

Using KDE-2.2.2 and GNOME-1.2 when I type gimp in the
terminal window the system doesnīt return back the
prompt,
doesnīt give any warning and I donīt see any gimp...,
seems that it is looking for something and never
finds...
I used SuSE sources,SuSE splits gtk+-2.2.3 sources in
gtk+ and gtk+-engines,I did not install gtk+-engines
and
the configure script did not give any warning.
When I type gtk-demo the same happends.So,what is the
problem here?

                      Thanks.