Re: GTK and devices over TCP and serial ports

On 2004.05.06 13:36 Zbigniew Wasik wrote:
Hi

Lately I became a user of GTK
and I do not have problem with GTK GUI, libraries or whatever
I think it is great. and Puxbif is quite good - either for animations I
think - however I am not the expert.

But .... Yeah alway those but

I need now to write and GUI/Application (in GTK) which will connect to
Pan Tilt Unit (PTU) and camera which is mounted on top of PTU.
OK the problem is that the GUI need to show the image from the camera
(data comes through TCP/IP) and abibilty to control/monitor the PTU (it
means I need to read position of the PTU - two angles and to be able to
send a command to the PTU to move camera in other direction)

You need to add a GSource for each camera to the mainloop which uses a GPoll
on the TCP/IP socket that is connected to the respective camera. It's also
possible to do this with a GIOChannel, but I don't think there's any
advantage.

Cheers,

--
J. Ali Harlow