Re: problem starting Gtk Applications

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 03:05, Markus Jais wrote:
> hi
>
> when I start for example gedit I get this error.
> $ gedit
> gedit: relocation error: /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol:
> gdk_threads_lock

Looks like gedit was compiled against a threaded version of the gtk
libraries.  The ones you installed (and were installed on the system)
are non-threaded.

Either build GTK yourself overtop of the existing libraries (use the
same version, configure with --prefix=/usr, and enable threads), or
recompile your app against your existing system libraries.

On the other hand, I could be way off base here.  Someone else may
correct me.

Michael.