Gimp/Windows/Tablets

This was posted to me on another site:

Just a quick word about Gimp and tablets, to save you from any unpleasant surprises: if you're using Windows, then just be warned that the tablet support for Gimp on Windows is currently broken. This hasn't been fixed in Gimp 2 either. You can use the tablet if you turn off tablet options and just use the pen as a mouse, but then you won't be able to make use of things such as pressure sensitivity and whatnot (aww...). Apparently the problem is not really in Gimp, but in GTK, go figure.

I just bought a tablet and was hoping to use it with GIMP but now I don't know. I want to be able to use all the features or why have it at all. If you are a GTK developer please address this problem for us window uses ASAP please.

-Annette Rust